WHO Tanzania: Photographer Needed
WHO jobs in Tanzania, World Health Organization in Tanzania is looking for photographers to perform various task that will be assigned to him/her.
About WHO Tanzania
WHO Tanzania works closely with health and development partners and across sectors to improve everyone’s ability to enjoy good health and well- being. With a spirit of collaboration and a commitment to science WHO advises the ministries of health and other sectors on public health issues and provides support to plan, implement and monitor health programs
For effective documentation and communication of the processes and impact of the work that WHO accomplishes with partners and the relevant ministries, WHO Tanzania seeks to enlist the services of a photographer/videographer.
The candidate will be called to support WHO work in Tanzania by taking photos and videos in different locations in the United Republic of Tanzania to showcase the processes and impact of the support and collaboration of WHO, the ministry of health and other stakeholders to improve the health and wellbeing of the people of Tanzania.
This support includes the provision of high-impact technical support for the production, collection, analysis and synthesis, and dissemination of quality health data and information.
This candidate will work within the strategic framework of the Ministry to strengthen data management, monitoring, and evaluation in health.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Communications Officer and the SMO cluster, the consultant will be responsible for the following:
- Ensure that videos produced follows the specifications required by WHO Tanzania Office;
- Ensure highest broadcast quality of videography;
- Ensure that all requests and instructions from WHO Tanzania Office pertaining to videography and video-editing requirements are fulfilled;
- Ensure that all required videography/video-editing jobs are completed on deadline;
- Ensure that correct video formats are used as requested by WHO Tanzania Office;
- Work with the highest professional ethical standards and in keeping with WHO’s and the UN’s core messages.
- Ensure subjects recorded in the videos have provided written consent (WHO will provide a consent form)
Applicants must posses the following skills or qualifications;
• Minimum 2 years of working experience in video production and professional editing software;
• Experience in the usage of graphic design software packages;
• Experience of producing video interviews;
• Prior experience working with United Nations teams is desirable;
• Must have prior experience in photographing and filming similar activities of a minimum of 3 years and •Must use own high quality, light, sound and photography and video equipment
• Competencies: An understanding of Editing, Good communication –
• Be open to critique – Patience & persistence
• Bachelor’s degree in mass communication, journalism, computer science, or any other related field
• Course related to graphics and programming.
• Minimum of 3 years, experience in producing video products;
Functional Knowledge and Skills
• Computer literacy, particularly mastery of MS Word, MS Excel and skills in the Global Management System environment and in reporting.
• An ability to build and maintain good relationships with people of different nationalities at different levels.
Deadline for application is January 4, 2023