Translator Assistant at UNHCR: Apply Now!
UNHCR job Vacancy in Tanzania; translator assistant is needed at the UNCHR office in Kigoma, Tanzania, before starting to apply for this job let us know this United Nations Organization a little bit.
Standard Job Description
Interpreter Assistant Organizational Setting and Work Relationships The Interpreter Assistant normally report to a higher level of local or international staff. The incumbent supports the operation with translation and interpretation-related activities.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks.
. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Interprets and/or translates from newspapers, written reports, magazines etc.; – Interprets oral conversations, discussions and interviews especially when attending meetings with high ranking officials, diplomats and others; –
– Travels with international staff on their missions to the field for interpretation and other assistance, as needed; – Arranges meetings, both internal and external, some involving high-ranking officials and takes minutes/notes; –
– Meets official personnel at the airport and facilitates immigration and customs formalities; – Responds to queries relating to the area of responsibility; – Perform other related duties as required.
– Minimum Qualifications Years of Experience / Degree Level For G4 – 1 year relevant experience with High School Diploma; or
– Bachelor or equivalent or higher Field(s) of Education Not applicable. (Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk* are essential) Certificates and/or Licenses Business Administration Secretarial (Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential) Relevant Job Experience Essential Frequent contacts involving the exchange of a wide range of information, some of which may be complex.
– Desirable Not specified. Functional Skills IT-Computer Literacy (Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential) Language Requirements For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
– For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language. For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
– All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties. This includes by demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination and abuse of power.
– As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, support ongoing dialogue on these matters and speaking up and seeking guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise. This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level.
– The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.
Required languages (expected Overall ability is at least B2 level):
- IT-Computer Literacy
- Business Administration – Other, Secretarial – Other
Accountability, Client & results orientation, Commitment to continuous learning, Communication, Organizational awareness, Teamwork & collaboration
UNHCR Salary Calculator
NB; Candidates for the post will have to sit for a written examination and successful candidates will be invited for an oral interview. If you possess all qualification apply nowAPPLY NOW