Kiswahili Translator at African Union
The African Union (AU) is hiring Swahili Translator two position is open now.
African Union Jobs Vacancies. The African Union (AU) is hiring qualified Kiswahili Translator job for two position advertised today. Deadline for this job is 19th, December, 2022
Hereinbelow is the details of this Swahili Translation jobs at African Union;
Purpose of the job
To translate official documents ensuring the highest standard of accuracy by maintaining the original spirit, context and quality of the original version using precise, clear and proper terminology.
Provides support in the preparation and Implement the programmes developed out of the Division’s strategic plan
• Ensures effective coordination and implementation at various levels
• Liaises with Member States, Regional Economic Communities (RECs), and other stakeholders including on relevant matters
• Prepares and develops reports, budget and work programmes related to the functioning of the Division
• Conducts complex analysis and generates accurate reports in a timely manner for the Division and AU’s internal use.
• Liaises with the various Departments/Units of the Commission for coordination and alignment purposes
• Prepares budgets for the Division in accordance with relevant frameworks.
• Supports the promotion of the activities of the Division including preparing leaflets, guidelines and fact sheets as may be required.
• Contributes in the development of strategies, policies, programmes and plans
Master’s Degree in Translation, Modern Languages or related fields from a recognized institution with seven (7) years’ experience as a translator out of which 3 years are at expert level.
• Candidates with a Bachelor Degree in the above fields of study will be considered provided they have a minimum of ten (10) years of relevant work experience as translator out of which 3 years are at expert level;
• Certification of translators’ professional member status from a recognized professional body is an added advantage
• The candidate for each position is required to translate into their A language, thus an English Translator must have English as their A language; a French translator must have French as their A language, and so on for all other AU working languages.
• Knowledge of the Computer assisted translation (CAT) tools
Indicative basic salary of US$ 37,453.00 (P3 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (46% of basic salary), a Housing allowance of US$ 22,932.00 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.